Friday 4 November 2016

Alumni Empowers Four Other Job Creators

The Kyusa program takes a holistic approach in empowering out of school youth to become employable mainly by starting their own businesses. Once alumni start their businesses. Kyusa continues to work with them towards growing and accelerating their business ventures.

Viola, an alumnus from the Kyusa pilot class recently visited the Kyusa offices and shared her milestones since graduating from the pilot class of 2014; “Kyusa empowered me to become financially independent. I ventured into a snack business after the program focusing on the production of crisps, hard corns, wedding cakes, ground nuts and cookies. I have expanded my market reach to three secondary schools in the areas of Nyanama, Kabowa and Bunamwaya. I also supply three shops in my home area with my products.. My income levels have increased, I earn a profit of 75,000/= weekly from sales and I save 29%. In addition, I have conducted training's where I have empowered four ladies to also start their own snack businesses. Finally, I plan to expand my business in the next quarter by purchasing an oven and also renting out a mini confectionery.

No comments:

Post a Comment